ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS, AB (hereinafter – ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS or the Company) takes a responsible approach to the protection of your personal data, and therefore takes the utmost care to ensure your rights at the level of the processing of personal data. Data subjects – the consumers of our products, partners and other persons – entrust their personal information to us and we are responsible for working every day in such a manner as to justify their trust.
- defines the obligation and responsibility of the Company to protect and respect the privacy of a person;
- explains the manner in which the Company collects, uses and protects (processes) personal data;
- informs data subjects on how their personal data is processed and what rights does each data subject has.
When processing personal data of data subjects we comply with the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on the Legal Protection of Personal Data, the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Electronic Communications and other directly applicable legislation regulating the protection of personal data, as well as instructions of the competent authorities.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect the data that:
- you provide, e.g., when you communicate or have a legal relationship with our Company, for example, when you purchase products or services, subscribe to newsletters, participate in marketing campaigns/games organised by the Company, or contact us about the quality of products or request for information;
- is generated when you use our website, accounts on social networks …;
- we receive from other sources, for example, other service providers or public registers.
You have no obligation to provide ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS with any personal data; therefore, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to sell you products and/or services.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect data that falls into the following categories:
- basic information, for example, name, surname, personal number, date of birth, address, details of the personal identity document, contact details;
- data related to the provision of products and/or services, for example, production order details, invoicing, payment details, information on the consent and objection regarding the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes and provision to third parties, contact details and related records;
- other data on the use of services, for example, data collected using cookies and similar technology related to web browsing, and etc.;
- video data captured by our video surveillance equipment when you visit the territory and/or premises of our Company in order to ensure the safety of our personnel, guests and premises;
- records of telephone conversations when you call the quality line of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS;
- other data which is collected on the basis of your consent and which is defined in detail at the time your consent is sought.
How do we use your personal data?
ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS collects and further processes your personal data only on the basis of lawful grounds defined in the legislation regulating the protection of personal data – in order to conclude and/or execute an agreement concluded with you, with your consent, when relevant legislation obliges ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS to process personal data as well as when personal data must be processed due to the legitimate interest of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS (only if the interests of the data subject are not more important).
ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS processes personal data for the following purposes:
Conclusion and execution of purchase-sales or service provision agreements; accounting of customers and settlements under concluded agreements; protection of the interests of creditors and prevention of material losses; recovery of customer debts. We process personal data that is necessary to ensure the proper provision of services to our customers – in order to properly identify individuals, accept and fulfil orders, provide customer service, identify and eliminate various failures and incidents, issue invoices for equipment and/or services, carry out a credit control, debt recovery, handle complaints, and etc.
- Ensuring the protection of personnel, guests and other persons entering the field of video surveillance as well as property (video surveillance). We process video data of our personnel and customers as well as other persons entering the field of video surveillance in order to ensure their security and protection of property.
- Conclusion and execution of agreements; ensuring the quality of the production; protection and defence of the rights and legitimate interests of the Company; collection of evidence (recording the telephone calls of the quality line). We process the records of the telephone conversations when you call the quality line of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS and the data provided during the calls in order to ensure the quality of the products to be sold as well as to gather evidence to deal with your complaints. We also process your e-mails or other correspondence sent to the Company and the data provided in them in order to conclude agreements with you and ensure the quality of the products produced.
- Other purposes for which ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS has the right to process your personal data when you express your consent, when the data must be processed due to the legitimate interest of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS or when relevant legislation obliges ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS to process the data. We may process personal data for other purposes as well, provided that we have the consent of the data subject or we have the right to process data on the basis of the legitimate interest.
How do we protect your data?
ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS constantly strives to maintain and at the same time improve organisational and technical security measures, designed to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. Security activities carried out by ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS include, inter alia, the protection of personnel, information, IT infrastructure, internal and public networks as well as the office buildings and technical equipment.
Who has access to your data?
- Data processors (subcontractors) who provide services (carry out works) to us and process your data on behalf of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS as the data controller. Data processors have the right to process personal data only in accordance with our instructions and only to the extent it is necessary to fulfil the contractual obligations properly. Employing subcontractors, we take all appropriate measures to ensure that our data processors also implement appropriate organisational and technical security measures and maintain the confidentiality of personal data.
- Other third persons with your consent which may be received regarding a specific case.
We may also provide your data:
- In response to requests from a court or public authority, only to the extent necessary for the proper enforcement of applicable legislation or a court order/certificate.
For how long do we keep your data?
We store your personal data for no longer than required by the purposes of the processing of data or as required by laws, if they provide for a longer retention of data.
We strive not to store outdated or unnecessary information and to ensure that personal data and other information is kept up to date and correct.
What are your rights?
You have the right:
- to apply to ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS with a request to provide information about your personal data processed by ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS;
- to apply to ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS with a request to rectify your personal data and/or suspend the processing of such personal data, except for storage – in case after the introduction to your personal data you establish that the data is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- to apply to ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS with a request to destroy personal data or suspend the processing of such personal data, except for storage – in case after the introduction to your personal data you establish that personal data is being processed illegally or unfairly;
- to object to the processing of your personal data when such data is processed or is intended to be processed for the purposes of direct marketing or due to a legitimate interest pursued by ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS or a third party who has access to the personal data;
What are cookies and why are they used?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit it. Cookies are stored in the file directory of the web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox) on the hard drive of the website visitor’s device. It allows the website to “remember” your actions and options (such as registration name, language, font size, and other display options) for a certain time, without having to re-enter them each time you visit the website or browse its various pages. Cookies do not pose any threat to the computer of the website visitor.
We save the information in order to:
- provide personalised content and advertisements;
- to estimate the website traffic and visitors’ behaviour on the portal more accurately;
- to allow staying connected to the directory when you return after closing the web browser;
It is not necessary to allow the use of these cookies for the website to work, but it will make browsing easier for you. You can delete or block cookies, in which case some features of this website may not work as intended.
The information associated with cookies is not used to identify you, and we have full control over the data we collect about your use of the website. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described above.
What cookies are used on this website?
In order to improve the functionality of the website and make it easier to use, the following cookies are used on the websites:
|Name of the
|qtrans_front_language||The cookie is used to remember the language of the website chosen by the user.||1 year|
|_ga||We use Google Analytics to track the website traffic. It is used to identify the visitor.||2 years|
|_gat||We use Google Analytics to track the website traffic. It is used to set the loading speed.||1 minute|
|_gid||We use Google Analytics to track the website traffic. It is used to identify the visitor.||24 hours|
How to control cookies?
If you wish, you can control and/or delete cookies. More detailed information is available at aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies already on your computer, and set most browsers to prevent cookies from being stored on your device. However, in this case, you may need to manually change some options each time you visit the website, and some services and features may not work.
Information about setting of cookies and related changes in the most popular browsers are available here:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS, AB warns that the change of settings always applies for a certain browser only. If a visitor uses multiple browsers, they must change the settings for each browser individually. In addition, the visitor can delete cookies from the multimedia memory at any time. Additional information is provided using a browser or operating system.
Your personal data controller is a public limited liability company ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS, company code 180240752, Sedos str. 35, Telšiai.
Collected information and its use:
We use your e-mail address to send newsletters about the news, products, offers of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS, organised events, and etc.
After we send you newsletters, we also collect statistical information about whether you have opened the e-mail that sends the newsletter. For this we use a special technology called “beacons”. These are single pixel images. We insert a link to them in the text of the e-mail or newsletter. When you open the newsletter, the link is activated and we record that the image was opened and at what time. This way, we recognise that you have read the newsletter.
Transfer of information:
In order to send you newsletters and to do it as efficiently as possible, we use appropriate information technology tools. Sometimes we may also need the help of professionals with special knowledge to ensure the proper functioning of these information technology tools. As a result, your data can be accessed by the newsletter management system provider, advertising campaign design and development service providers, website search engine optimisation service providers, and website programming service providers.
Your data can also be accessed by the employees of ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS, who are responsible for organising the sending of newsletters, but we emphasise that we always keep your data safe and require that all our partners and service providers ensure this as well.
Period of retention of your information:
We keep your e-mail address and related statistics for 2 years from the moment you last opened the newsletter. If you have not opened the newsletters, we store the data for 2 years after you provided us with the e-mail address.
If after receiving the newsletter you decide that you do not want to receive it in the future, you can click the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail. You can also notify us at any time that you opt out of the newsletters by writing to us to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of the newsletters:
Answers to your inquiries
You must provide us with any request or instruction relating to the processing of Personal Data in writing in one of the following ways: (i) by submitting such request or instruction to us directly or by registered mail to the address Sedos str. 35, Telšiai, LT-87101; or (ii) by sending such request or instruction to the e-mail address email@example.com from your previously provided e-mail address.
Upon receipt of such a request or instruction we will respond and will perform or refuse to perform the actions specified in the request. The answer will be provided to you in writing.
If the issue with ŽEMAITIJOS PIENAS cannot be resolved, you have the right to apply to the State Data Protection Inspectorate, the address of which is A. Juozapavičiaus str. 6,09310 Vilnius, tel. (8 5) 271 2804, 279 1445, fax. (8 5) 261 9494, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, which is responsible for the supervision and control of the legislation regulating the protection of personal data.